Building a Movement for Michigan (BAMM) Pride: An LGBTQIA+ Youth Summit
Friday, March 11, 2022 - Now with in-person and virtual participation options!
Welcome to the BAMM Pride Summit’s resource page. This page includes important information and links for the day of the event, as well as resources that you can use in the future.
Click on the section titles below for more information and links:
Health & Safety
- GVSU Self-Assessment - this should be completed BEFORE arriving to campus or getting on a BAMM-sponsored bus
- Summit Mask Policy - a KN95 or N95 mask must be worn at all times indoors, unless eating. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth. Volunteers will be enforcing this policy throughout the day.
- GVSU policies regarding masking and visiting our campus
- Need assistance during the summit? Find a summit volunteer (wearing a gray shirt) or send a message in our BAMM Pride Slack’s help channel. You can also directly message James Tulppo, who will be monitoring the slack.
- If you are a young person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk, call 866-488-7386 (available 24/7) to reach the TrevorLifeline operated by the Trevor Project. They have trained counselors to support you.
summit info and evaluations
- Virtual BAMM Pride zine - this zine includes both our in person and virtual agenda, session room numbers, summit expectations, and presenter bios
- BAMM Pride 2022 Program Evaluation - for IN-PERSON participants
- BAMM Pride 2022 Program Evaluation - for VIRTUAL participants
- Map of campus, with markings designating Kirkhof, parking, and Fresh
- Check out the 2022 BAMM Pride Summit Slack channel. You can use this channel to get announcements quickly and connect with both in-person and virtual participants. This slack will be moderated throughout the event.
- Lunch Rotation spreadsheet
stay in touch with moash
- To get details about next year’s summit, sign up for our newsletter and the BAMM-specific listserv.
- If you’re a young person between the ages of 13 and 24, consider joining one of our Youth Advisory Councils. Regular recruitment takes place in August, but we may have openings before that. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media so you don't miss the announcements of applications opening!
- Get involved with MOASH
Gvsu social justice centers involved with bamm
other important gvsu sites