Cheers to 10 years with MOASH!
2018 marks 10 years that MOASH has been working to promote adolescent sexual and reproductive health in Michigan! We know that you have stood by us over the past few years as we’ve grown, and we couldn’t be more grateful for your support.
Thanks to all who were able to join us for MOASH’s 10th anniversary celebration fundraiser on January 17, 2018! We had a blast, and 100% of the proceeds of the event will go toward our programming statewide. Thanks especially to our sponsors.
Thanks to the people, programs, and passion behind MOASH, here’s a list of our top 10 changes and advancements in Michigan during our first 10 years:
- The development of the Michigan Youth Voice (MY Voice) youth advisory council
- New statewide awareness days like Michigan Youth Consent Day (MY Consent Day) and Michigan Youth Parenting Awareness Day (MYPAD)
- An expanded network of GSA clubs through the Building a Movement for Michigan Gender and Sexuality Alliances (BAMM GSAs) program
- Strengthened partnerships with community, state, and national health organizations
- New advocacy efforts, including the Adolescent Sexual Health Legislative Report Card and seven MOASH Policy Positions
- A multitude of new programs (STEP, MY Girls Say, etc.) and coalitions, including the Michigan Coalition on Adolescent Sexual Health (MiCASH)
- A strong social media impact and communications network through our e-publications
- New training efforts for students, teachers, administrators, community members, health providers, and other professionals
- Innovative educational resources like the LGBTQ+ Inclusivity Toolkit, the Youth Equity Assessment Tool (YEAT), and numerous infographics
- Our legacy of amazing, dedicated MOASH Board members, staff, and interns